The American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases is the leading organization of scientists and health care professionals committed to preventing and curing liver disease. We foster research that leads to improved treatment options for millions of liver disease patients. We advance the science and practice of hepatology through educational conferences, training programs, professional publications, and partnerships with government agencies as well as related societies.
At AASLD, we recognize and appreciate the importance of creating an environment in which all employees feel valued, included, and empowered to do their best work. We recognize that each employee’s experiences and perspectives are unique and add value to our ability to serve our membership and community. AASLD commits to building a fully inclusive, collaborative and respectful workplace that reflects all the communities we serve.
Are you a strategic digital leader with Association Management Systems experience? Come join the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases (AASLD), the leading organization of professionals committed to preventing and curing liver disease. AASLD is seeking a Director of Digital Operations to oversee the development of strategic and technical implementation plans and ensure AASLD digital activities align with industry best practices.
As the Director of Digital Operations, you will lead the Marketing and Communications, Digital Operations division and maintain operation of AASLD’s digital properties and database management functions. In this role, you will leverage and maintain quality data to inform optimization and measure effectiveness of AASLD digital programs and content. This position manages and develops the Manager of Website Maintenance and the Manager of Data Integrity, who are responsible for keeping AASLD’s digital ecosystem comprehensive and clean and ensuring all new activities align with the Association’s digital strategy and scale accordingly.
Qualified candidates will have a bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of six years of experience in a similar role with three years of management experience. This position requires robust digital experience in an association including extensive Association Management Systems experience, strong proficiency in data analysis and visualization, and experience in enterprise-level strategic deployments and database management. AASLD is seeking individuals with experience in website information architecture and search engine optimization best practices as well as thorough knowledge of GDPR. Experience with AMS implementation is preferred.
This position is currently remote due to COVID-19. Candidates in the DC Metro area are preferred but individuals in the Eastern time zone will be considered for a remote opportunity. AASLD offers a competitive benefits package, including a 35-hour workweek, generous vacation/holiday leave, and retirement contribution.
How To Apply
Additional inquiries and questions can be emailed to Beth Cessna at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AASLD is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Review this position's job description: Director, Digital Operations.
AASLD Foundation, a charitable organization created to fill the void between bright, talented researchers and the financial resources needed to encourage their discovery; to keep pace with the need for more professionals trained to provide care for patients with liver disease; and to share cutting edge hepatology knowledge with physicians worldwide, is seeking a talented Development Manager to join our development/fundraising team, and who has fundraising experience, including special events, sponsorship solicitation and the ability to develop and nurture relationships with key volunteers, donors, and corporate sponsors.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3-5 years of successful fundraising and relevant non-profit experience, a bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university, proficiency in Microsoft Office and donor software, and have the ability to travel.
Located in Old Town Alexandria, AASLD offers a competitive salary and generous benefits. To apply, submit your cover letter, salary requirements, and resume to email@example.com. Principals only. **position is currently remote.
Review this position’s job description: Foundation Development Manager
AASLD is the leading organization of scientists and health care professionals committed to preventing and curing liver disease. AASLD is seeking a Manager of Social Media & Marketing to oversee all social media related communications for AASLD and AASLD Foundation.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Brand Development, the Manager of Social Media & Marketing produces social media strategies to support AASLD and AASLD Foundation marketing campaigns and plays a key role on the Marketing and Communications team by executing social media marketing plans and tactics tailored for key audiences and stakeholders. This position is responsible for the development and management of a regular social media editorial calendar and assists in identifying opportunities to promote AASLD membership and the execution of AASLD membership marketing campaigns through social media channels. In coordination with the Senior Manager of Brand Development, the Manager of Social Media & Marketing supports association-wide marketing efforts and brand elevation strategies.
- Advise on social media related tactics in MarCom campaigns and strategy development.
- Work closely with the Marketing and Communications team to develop AASLD product and event content and ensure that it is disseminated appropriately across social media platforms.
- Work closely with the Senior Manager of Brand Development to maintain brand voice and standards in all social media content.
- Conceptualize social media campaigns and develop strategies to support organizational initiatives, including brand elevation, audience growth and influencer/ambassador management, in coordination with the Senior Manager of Brand Development.
- Develop and execute paid media campaigns.
- Analyze social media performance metrics and regularly provide findings and recommendations to the Marketing and Communications team.
- Stay up to date on all existing and emerging social media platforms and advise on social media development opportunities.
- Work closely with select AASLD leadership to manage their AASLD-related accounts.
- Manage and participate in all social media activities during AASLD events, including but not limited to The Liver Meeting® and Digestive Disease Week® (some travel may be required).
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Confidence with creating visual content
- Outstanding copy writing skills
- Excellent organizational skills with a keen attention to detail
- Top-notch customer service skills; must be comfortable engaging with followers
- Ability to work both independently as well as in a collaborative team
- Ability to learn and adhere to AASLD policies, practices, and procedures
Required Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant area or equivalent work experience in a related field
- Minimum of two years of experience with social media marketing, communications, or public relations
- Experience with paid media
- Experience with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and/or CANVA
- Experience running multiple accounts across platforms
- Experience developing and executing social media campaigns and analyzing performance data
- Proficient in managing Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube accounts, and knowledgeable about each platform’s features and capabilities
- Proficiency with Sprout Social
- Project management experience
Preferred Education and/or Experience
- Experience working in a professional association, non-profit space, professional society, or medical education provider
- Proficiency in paid social media campaigns
- Experience producing video content and managing live streams
- Previous experience in creative writing
How To Apply
If you believe you meet the requirements, please submit a resume plus two writing samples and two design samples to the Apply link below.
About the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases (AASLD)
AASLD recognizes that each employee’s experiences and perspectives are unique and add value to its ability to serve the membership and community. AASLD is committed to building a fully inclusive, collaborative, and respectful workplace that reflects all the communities it serves. The organization offers a competitive benefits package, including a 35-hour workweek, generous vacation/holiday leave, and retirement contribution. This position is currently remote due to COVID-19. Local candidates are preferred but individuals outside the Washington DC metro area will be considered for a remote opportunity.
AASLD is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
AASLD seeks a detail-oriented individual with exceptional interpersonal skills to coordinate the implementation of AASLD’s abstract submission and review processes, and COI process for abstract submitters, reviewers, and scientific session moderators for AASLD’s annual meeting, The Liver Meeting® and Digestive Disease Week® (DDW). The incumbent will provide administrative support for related educational activities, including speaker management.
The successful candidate will be professional and an energetic, proactive self-starter, with strong administrative, communication, writing, and customer service skills, who is eager to join an energetic team.
Located in Old Town Alexandria, AASLD offers a competitive salary and generous benefits. Currently and until further notice AASLD, employees accomplish their work remotely. Review this position’s job description: Coordinator, Education. To apply, submit your cover letter, salary requirements, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 30, 2021. Principals only.
AASLD is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.